} -->

Monday, January 19, 2015

SnakeClamp Camera Mount Review

I can’t say enough for this phone clamp (replaces a tripod). If and when I find my mini tripod I used for my phone it will get tossed into the garbage. Snake clamp puts out an extremely well-engineered product. You actually get to build the clamp to your specifications given that they have quite a few different options to choose from. I went with a 18 inch and 24 inch goose neck, Camera mount with a weighted base. What is great about the weighted base is that it comes with a 3 pound magnet. You get a weighted base and the option of securing it to something metal.



If you decide to get that same setup as I did I would recommend just going with the 18 inch goose neck because the 24 is over-kill because it is so rugged that using it for a tripod is a little tough. The 24 inch does flex but will need to have some force behind it to do so. The 18 inch works much better as it is easier to manage. I would use the 24” if I had something heavier to attach to it but at this time I don’t have anything I need to use it for so It will go on the shelf until I need it.


The phone mount is simple to use. There is a button to open up the clamps which are spring loaded. Making it easy to open up and secure your phone. There are foam pads so it grips the phone nicely and secure.



It unit does not move unless you move it. There is no slippage with the goose neck giving you a sturdy phone for those videos you want to do while you are working.

I would highly recommend anyone who takes videos or pictures in there shop to have one of these. You will be pleased with Snake Clamps product. Here is there web address SnakeClamp




Disclosure: I was provided this product in exchange for this review, However receipt of a free product has not swayed my opinion.