} -->

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Silicone Heat Resistant Baking/Grilling Gloves Review


So when I received these we were not cooking/baking/grilling anytime soon. I wanted to test these gloves out so I turned on my oven to 425 and waited about 30 minutes. I left a cookie sheet in there to act as if I was baking something. I put on the right glove as it is my dominant hand. I pulled out the pan and had my wife take some pictures and also to time it. I was able to get about 6 seconds. I know this doesn't seem like a long time because it isn't. The fact is that when anyone pulls something out of the oven they use 2 hands which reduces the heat because you are distributing the weight evenly with both hands whereas with one hand all the weight is concentrating on one specific area.



The area that started to get extremely warm was the web part between my thumb and pointer finger. I thought this was a defect but after talking to a sales rep I was asked to try it with a normal pot holder and sure enough it did the same thing.

So I stuck the pan back in the oven and waited 10 minutes for it to heat back up and I proceeded to try it again. This time I was able to get almost 11 seconds before I started to feel the heat. These are heat resistant and not heat proof. So expect to feel the heat of the pan within 10 seconds or so.


I am pretty satisfied with how well these actually worked when used correctly. We are going to replace our old pot holders with these as they are easier to clean and a lot safer to use.